South Australian Association for Media Education Inc.
ABN 15 378 408 705
P.O. Box 300, Ingle Farm, South Australia, 5098
2018 Executive Meeting Minutes
Tuesday April 10th, 2018, 6:00pm.
UniSA, Magill Campus, St Bernards Rd, Magill
- Welcome: Meeting opened 6.00 pm following Henry Thong
presentation et al.
- Present: Grant, Tim, Alex, Steve, Guy, Jayne, Harry,
Apologies: Karen, Zora
- Acceptance of Minutes for Executive meeting 9/12/2017
- Meetings – eMeeting still to happen. Better now with new
- Community TV ongoing – reprieve until June (no
acknowledgement of responses, advised to CC leader in further
- Public liability insurance organised.
- AGM for February 2018 – Rising Sun Pictures tour very
successful. Thanks to Alex for organising.
- Adelaide International Youth Film Festival – was successful
and calling for 2018 entries. Needs more promotion.
- Media Teachers Group – Jayne has unsuccessfully organised two
meetings at Wilderness this term. Better targeting. Shorter
workshop? Run workshops at practical time into the year.
- SACE report – changes to online marking and moderation seemed
to go alright.
- Membership drive for 2018 – back to mail out? Member perks
(industry contacts, equipment info, employment paths info).
- Expo/conference – google form, need weeks of advance notice
(end of term 2, or beginning of term 3 may be better, suitable
venue – Mercury Cinema and MRC have meeting rooms in same
- Website – need to replace wiki (current service is being
- Logo – new logo to be
- Team Cherry happy to do a Q & A at some stage.
- Finance: Remains healthy with currently in account.
Balance at end of Oct: $6281.01. Currently similar amount, needs
- Media Moves: April program tomorrow night Wed. April
11th. Show is broadcast the second Wednesday each month, 8:30 to
9 pm, on 5PBA-FM 89.7 MHz or on-line.
- Website: MEET active with 60 members along with two
Facebook sites. Use events function to publicise next
- AOB: none
- Next Meeting: 4:30 pm Tue 15 May, Open Access College,
Marden – Brett will arrange.
- MEETING CLOSED at 6:45pm
End of page content, site navigation links follow.