South Australian Association for Media Education Inc.
ABN 15 378 408 705
P.O. Box 300
2009 Executive Meeting Minutes
Wednesday March 25th, 2009, 5.00pm.
Najjar’s Restaurant, O’Connell St., Adelaide
- Welcome: Meeting opened 4:30pm
- Present: Grant, Nick, Thom, Julie, Andrew
Apologies: Denise, Tom
- Acceptance of Minutes for Executive meeting 12/02/09
moved: Julie Haar
seconded: Nick Sibly
- Conference Report: A $5000 debt still remains. Still exploring
any avenues available to cover this debt.
- Volunteers Grant: PC has been bought. Camera, sound recorder
still to come.
- AGM 2009 – Wallis Student Critics: Was a success. The Wallis
Student Review program is up and running. Involve students via a mailing
list to media teachers.
- Activities 2009: 23rd April @ ABC Studio 12:30 lunch, tour @
1:30. SAAME to host 10 potential members. Possible screening of ‘Max
& Mary’? Grant to publicise ABC Tour with the samplings and via email
list. Thom to publicise the ‘Max and Mary’ screening via Metro email
- Reports: CEASA – discussed running a conference (at a loss –
it’s not just SAAME). Discussed video conferencing to reduce travel
costs. Discussed professional standards, National Curriculum, teacher
professionalism, teachers using relevant technologies, collaboration
- Finance: No money banked and 20 financial members. $4089.94
(includes the $3420 volunteer grant) in bank, but $5000 conference
- AOB: National media associations. WA deregistered from CAMEO.
Grant proposes to keep CAMEO link alive.
- Next Meeting: TBA
CLOSED at 6:00pm