South Australian Association for Media Education Inc.
ABN 15 378 408 705
P.O. Box 300
2008 Executive Meeting Minutes
Tuesday April 8th, 6:30pm
Najjar’s Café, O’Connell St, North Adelaide
- Welcome: Meeting opened
- Present: Grant, Thom, Lou, Nick & Andrew
- Acceptance of Minutes for Executive meeting 13/12/07
- Meeting time is ok. Meeting at Channel 7 – Grant to organise.
- Executive Roles for 08:
Julie – membership,
Thom – publications,
Grant - radio web sites,
- Activities for 08: TV tours? Need to check cinema concessions –
Hoyts, GU & Wallis? Target beginning teachers more. Run a 'production
workshop' for Year 12 students to catch up with work. Best in first
- Conference Report:
- discussion on times starting
- costs of conference
- some emails going out regarding conference
- how many brochures printed?
- Grant wrote to Premier regarding seeding funds. We received reply
after Anne Clancy interceded for us. Nice reply but no money – he
suggested we approach the SAFC. Grant to reply.
- Patron – Scott Hicks?? Rolf or Mario??
- Special guest – Andrew Denton? Paul McDermot? BTN do a
- Newspaper in Education – Martina Simos. AdelaideNow.
- $5000 grant contacted Australian Childrens TV Foundation.
- We need to set up another bank account!
- We need to have teachers volunteer to do workshops.
- Info out with CEASA http://www.conferenceplus.com.au/mediaeduconf08/
- Reports (Finance – incl. motion to increase membership fees must
decide before July; Media Moves – VVSS Media Studies will sponsor). Try
to get more film previews. Julie suggested we join SASOSE - $50.
Next meeting – immediately after next conference meeting in June 10,