South Australian Association for Media Education Inc.
ABN 15 378 408 705
P.O. Box 300
2006 Executive Meeting Minutes
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 22nd 2006
Unley Electorate Office of Mark Brindal MP
Unley Road, Unley
Present: Grant Brindal , Thom Burns, Tom Glouftsis, Julie Haar, Zora
Apologies: Chris Witt
- MEETING OPENED: 4.45pm Executive members were welcomed.
- MINUTES: were not presented
- BUSINESS ARISING:
- Panasonic Grants to schools –Grant did investigate. This
program is limited to schools without strong Media courses.
Grant offered assistance to Panasonic in targeting SA schools should
they need this in the future.
- Alex’s farewell – Grant attended and presented Alex with a SAAME
Outgoing – Saamplings with AGM details, Preview tickets
- AGM – preparation underway. Monday February 27 at Wallis
Theatrette with a screening of Zathura.
- Preview for March of the Penguin Sunday 26 for membership at
Chelsea and Noarlunga Cinemas.
- Wintonick recommendations have just been released and promises to
reinvigorate Media Education – with coming election we need to lobby
parties re this. Executive endorses the Wintonick
- We need to get more tertiary members for SAAME.
- Secondary Showcase – Thom reports Sunday April 30th
Presenter? Teachers have been contacted and flier sent
- Democracy Project – Grant gave a report about this following a
meeting with DECS Executive Director, Terry Woolley. This is a
spin-off from Wintonick’s residency.
Finance - $1374.66 in our account.
- SAFC – investigating better links and possible funding.
- PhoneBook.co.uk workshops – Grant gave a report about this
masterclass held in December last year.
- NEXT MEETING: AGM
MEETING CLOSED 5.45pm